Thursday 9 October 2014

Acoustic Spectrum no more

I had an email this morning telling me that "Acoustic Spectrum is going to be off the air for the foreseeable future" so there will be no more shows for the time being. I have recorded one last show as I had already put together a playlist so I will be uploading it to Mixcloud tomorrow.

I don't know how long AS are going to be offline, I don't think they know themselves but they are planning on relaunching the station at some point in the future. 

In the meantime the promoter who sends me albums by North American artists has said he will carry on sharing the music with me on Dropbox so I will keep doing the occasional show. It's become something of a habit so I'll keep putting the playlists together but may make things a bit more varied including some more blues, rock and whatever. 

Such is life with internet-based businesses I guess. Things seem to come and go. I have been wondering lately how many people are actually listening to my shows. This Monday's show didn't go out on AS so I uploaded it to Mixcloud and let people know about it on Facebook, Twitter and on the Talkawhile message board. 

Since Monday I've had 3 listens and one of them was me checking a link was working. So maybe it is a good time to stop and review things as there's no point in putting shows together which hardly anyone wants to listen to. I have over 100 followers on Mixcloud but recent shows and mixes have had less than 10 listens which is somewhat disheartening. But I'm as guilty as the next person for following someone and then rarely actually listening to their shows.

But having said that I would like to thank all those people who have tuned in to my show on Acoustic Spectrum and those who listen on Mixcloud. It can be a fairly thankless task doing pre-recorded radio shows as you rarely get any feedback but I do enjoy recording the shows and hopefully I wil be back on air at some point in the future.

As the CSN&Y song goes...

The fortunes of fables are able to sing the song.
Now witness the quickness with which we get along.
To sing the blues you've got to live the tunes and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment