Wednesday 3 October 2012

Red Rose Recovery Radio

I've been asked to contribute to the weekly broadcast which goes out on Red Rose Recovery Radio. They are an organisation which helps people with drug and alcohol problems in the Lancaster and Morecambe area and their radio shows started about a month ago. At the moment they broadcast on Friday afternoons between 1 and 4pm with the main presenters being Philip Cowles and Gordon Smith who were previously among the volunteers at Diversity FM.

So I've recorded a half hour feature which, all being well, will be going out this Friday at 2pm. I'll be playing some different stuff to what I do on Acoustic Spectrum and this first feature has been inspired by the 50th anniversary of the first single released by The Beatles. So I've chosen 7 songs covered by various artists including Rosanne Cash, Kami Thompson, The Damned and Glenn Tilbrook with Nine Below Zero.

You can tune via their web site - http://redroserecovery.co.uk/


Re my previous post, I'll be playing the Icepops and Jesta next time - I promise! This won't be a weekly thing though - just the occasional guest spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment