Wednesday 4 April 2012

Keeping busy

Despite the closure of Diversity FM at the weekend I'm having quite a busy week. This week's cloudcast is recorded and will be uploaded tomorrow. I've gone for some oldies by George Harrison and The Pogues as well as recent tracks by Franka De Mille, David Ferrard and The Thyme Machine. 

I picked up the latest edition of Songlines magazine and there are some great tracks on the Top of the World cd by Fidil, Duotone and Treacherous Orchestra. I will probably include one or two of them in the next cloudcast.

I've updated the settings on my Soundcloud pages so you can now download any of the cover versions I've recorded. There's a link at the bottom of this blog.

On the book front I've decided to release it on Amazon for the Kindle market so I've been busy formatting the text, designing a cover and making final decisions about which images to include. It feels like I'm finally getting somewhere with it and hopefully it'll be available to download (and more importantly, buy) later this month. I'll then look into how I might get some actual books printed but one step at a time.

A few gigs to mention...

Gren Bartley
Thursday 5th April
Robert Gillow, Lancaster

Plainview + Boz Hayward + Jess Thomas + Joanne Levey + Marc Nellis
Thursday 12th April
The Yorkshire House, Lancaster

Martin Simpson & Martin Taylor
Friday 27th April
The Platform, Morecambe

Fairport Convention
Wednesday 9th May
The Platform, Morecambe



No comments:

Post a Comment